Sunday, 5 June 2011

A Wedding Quilt

My oldest and dearest friend, Ashley, is getting married in ONE MONTH. I decided 5 or 6 months ago that I wanted to make her a quilt as a wedding gift. Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to get started!

But leaving it to the last minute has kind of worked in my favour this time. I popped into Spool of Thread yesterday to choose the fabric and they we're having a 1st year anniversary sale! I ended up getting 20% off my purchase. Yahoo!

I'm using the pattern "A Wedding Quilt" from The Purl Bee.
Here's the spectrum of colours I chose based on Ashley's favourites:


I can't wait to get started. I hope this good weather doesn't hold up or she might be receiving this quilt as a first year anniversary gift instead!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, oh my...
    How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quilt gonna be mad dope, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pattern...quilts make me feel like i'm cuddling with my mom :)

    ReplyDelete