Sunday, 4 November 2012

Garden Eviction

Some kind of crappy news... the company that manages our apartment building informed us that we are to move everything off our roof-top, or they will dispose of it... by tomorrow.
I wanted to fight it, but who am I to say that our planters aren't ruining the roof? And in a way, it's a bit of a relief. I'm pretty lazy by nature and not having a garden to tend to in the summer will allow me to take off on mini vacations without worrying that my garden will suffer...or something. :(

So Darcy and I spent 4 hours today hauling everything off the roof and sweeping up mud in the rain. Sounds terrible, but it was actually pretty fun. And now everything is so clean and tidy! I'm looking forward to maximizing the space we have on our downstairs deck in the spring.

Here are some in-progress photos of the big deck clean:



Me getting muddy...and staging a photo with props...(nerd!)


A view of the chaos on our deck from the roof-top


The roof-top in progress


And here is the last of what was growing in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment